Emergency Lighting Conversions
Emergency lighting is lighting for an emergency situation when the mains power supply is cut and any normal illumination fails. This may lead to sudden darkness and a possible danger to the occupants, either through physical danger or panic. At COCO Lighting we specialise in providing ICEL accredited emergency lighting conversions service for this eventuality.
With years of experience in the conversion process for emergency and standard luminaires, we have become recognised within the industry by ensuring our conversions comply with the current ICEL 1004: 2018 standard. This enables us to provide innovative and state of the art lighting and emergency conversions using only the best components available and the latest We make sure our re-engineering services comply with the requirements laid out in EN standards so that you can have peace of mind when using us for your conversion needs.
Emergency LED lighting conversions are our speciality; with our experience as a supplier of emergency lighting and conversions, we can expertly advise you on the most appropriate emergency lighting products and the most cost-effective conversions.
Our emergency lighting conversions meet the requirements for the Re-Engineering of Luminaires for Emergency Lighting Use as given in the ICEL 1004 documentation. The benefits of this to the customer is that the luminaires have been converted to the same standards as are required for an originally produced emergency luminaire to BSEN 60598-2-22 and offer a “Bench Mark Quality”.
Poorly constructed, designed and tested conversions can cause installation problems and become a safety risk. Unfortunately, the desire for cost-cutting combined with badly conceived and or open specifications leads to conversions that ignore the complexity of the host luminaire, and in some cases can be extremely dangerous.
We ensure all our products are designed, manufactured and individually tested in accordance with the current regulations before leaving the factory. We pride ourselves on being one of the UK's best emergency lighting conversion companies around.
The use of ICEL registered emergency lighting products enables you to demonstrate to inspecting fire authorities that the emergency luminaires are of appropriate quality as required by Government guides.
Our ICEL approval ensures:-
- The lighting performance of the emergency luminaires has been independently confirmed and supports good installation design.
- The batteries within the emergency luminaires are designed to provide the full rated duration for at least 4 years at rated ambient temperature.
- The electronic components we use are specifically designed to provide ultimate longevity to our emergency lighting and conversions along with ensuring they are fire-resistant and conform to the 850°C glow wire test where required.
- We have BS ISO9001:2015 accreditation, are experienced, reliable and will provide a full after-sales service and direct access to any technical documents.
- Our ICEL approval ensures we uphold our professional reputation and more importantly that people's lives are being protected.
- When the mains supply fails the emergency lighting will operate for the required duration, allowing safe evacuation of the building and provide light for the emergency services to operate effectively.
For more information about how we can help with our conversion service please get in touch.